Choosing to place your child for adoption is the hardest decision you will ever have to make.
Whether you work with The Children’s Home or another agency or attorney, we offer counseling and support services for you. Working one-on-one with a counselor or connecting with others who have had similar experiences can help you work through your grief and let you know that you are not alone.
Birthparent Support Group & Events
Our birthparent specialists look forward to seeing you at our support group and events! The groups and events are a safe place where birthparents can meet and share their experiences. The groups and events are free of charge and open to anybody, whether or not you have worked with The Children’s Home before. Some groups are more focused on support and others exist to celebrate who you are.
- Support groups several times per year (insert graphics for all of these)
- Mother’s Day dinner event
- Holiday party
- Full-day summer retreat
The birthparent groups & events are open to:
- Birthparents who haven’t decided what they are going to do
- Birthparents who have decided to place their baby for adoption
- Birthparents who have placed their baby for adoption, recently or many years in the past
- Close family members and friends of birthmothers and birthfathers
Some birthparents may feel uncomfortable attending a group, but still want to talk with another birthparent one-on-one. If you prefer this, we are happy to make arrangements for you to do so.
For information on Birthparent Support Group & Events, call or text us at 412-736-2908 or email us at email@example.com.