Do you have a passion for helping kids? The Children’s Home is seeking short term, respite caregivers for children in foster care. Respite caregivers may have a child for a few days while a foster family is on vacation or dealing with an emergency or a few weeks while a child is between placements.
In partnership with county children and youth agencies throughout Western Pennsylvania, we are reaching out to the larger community to join us in meeting the needs of children and families. We are especially seeking families open to all ages of children.
To become a respite caregiver, you must:
- Be over the age of 21
- Attend an orientation meeting with a social worker at The Children’s Home
- Have completed a medical physical and tuberculosis test
- Have received child abuse, criminal and FBI clearances
- Complete respite caregiver application packet
- Have completed a home inspection and foster home study
- Have been trained for certification as mandated by Child Protective Service, DHS regulations, and agency protocol
If you are interested, please fill out the contact form at the bottom of this page.