The Grants and Storytelling Intern reports to the Chief Development Officer and the Foundation & Community Relations Manager and is responsible for securing philanthropic funding and communicating the nonprofit impact of The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center to the community. The Children’s Home, established in 1893, is an independent, non-profit licensed organization whose purpose is to promote the health and well-being of infants and children through services which establish and strengthen the family.
Our three programs: Adoption, Child’s Way®, and the Pediatric Specialty Hospital, along with our Lemieux Family Center, work independently and collaboratively to accomplish our mission. The Grants and Storytelling Intern must show interest and/or experience in nonprofit grant writing and PR messaging, with excellent written communications and editing skills. The intern must also be driven, and work hard to produce quality, heart-felt work.
- Manage a grants portfolio of funders, coordinating calendar and deadlines
- Research potential grantors and donors
- Create briefing memos in preparation of stakeholder meetings
- Draft and submit grant applications
- Complete stewardship and reporting requirements for funders
- Photograph and interview program participants throughout The Children’s Home’s three programs
- Drafts stories for newsletter, e-blasts and annual report to share impact with donors and community
- Assist with programming activities related to community benefit as needed
- Administrative support as needed
All interested parties should apply with resume and cover letter to email@example.com