Making contact with your biological parents or birth child is a big decision. We can help you with everything from just finding out more about your birthparents to searching for them.
The Children’s Home has experience in working with families who want to make contact, helping to prepare them for the process, and conducting the search. In addition to search services, our expert social workers can provide counseling and support along the way.
Our organization offers comprehensive Search Services for adoptees and birthparents whose adoption was coordinated and/or finalized by The Children’s Home. Individuals specifically eligible to utilize these services are:
- Adoptees 18 years of age or older
- Adoptive Parents (if the adoptee is 18 years of age or under)
- Birthparents (if the child they placed for adoption is 21 years of age or older)
- Siblings and Grandparents of Adoptees
- Descendants of Adoptees (descendants are defined as lineal)