Did you know that you can support our work in more ways than one? We’re kicking off a year-end campaign to show you how! Follow us on social media for even more ways to give back this season.
At The Children’s Home & Lemieux Family Center, we have always focused on home and family. We are a home away from home for so many in our community, and we want to keep it that way. With your help, we can.
We know that we have called on our friends and supporters like you a lot this year. But your enduring support has made it possible for us to not only face the many complex challenges of 2020, but also overcome them. For this, we are so grateful.
Despite everything this year, we forged ahead, ensuring we further our mission and remain a safe space for children and families. This work is made possible with help from our community of supporters, like you. But we know giving back may be difficult for many in our community this year.
Because of this, we wanted to share 5 special ways that you can give back to The Children’s Home, no matter how much you can give.
- DONATE – Monetary donations remain a critical source of support for us. If you can give at this time, we would be grateful for a gift of any amount. You can make a secure donation online right now.
- GIVE A GIFT CARD – Gift cards are an essential source of support that directly benefit both our foster families AND families staying with us at the Pediatric Specialty Hospital and the Lemieux Family Center. Gift cards of $25 or $50 for stores like Target, Walmart, Aldi, Giant Eagle/GetGo, and Amazon make a HUGE difference to families in need of essentials like clothing, diapers, formula, food, and more. Learn more about giving a gift card.
- GRANT A WISH FROM OUR WISH LIST – Due to COVID-19, we cannot accept in-person donations this year. Instead, we are asking donors to purchase high priority items from our Amazon Wish List. From sleep sacks to coloring books and kitchen supplies, we have plenty to shop for on our list. Check it out!
- SUPPORT WHILE YOU SHOP – That’s right, you can easily support us by selecting Children’s Home of Pittsburgh while doing holiday shopping through AmazonSmile. It’s the same as shopping on Amazon, but a portion of your purchase is given to the charity of your choice. Head to smile.amazon.com to learn more.
- SHARE THIS MESSAGE – A simple share can do so much. Please share this message on social media and/or email to a family member or friend. Take it a step further and create a fundraiser of your own! Facebook and Instagram provide simple tools to create a quick and easy crowdfunder for a cause you care about. We’ll be sharing a special blog post for Giving Tuesday (December 1 – mark your calendars!) that will walk you through the steps to create your own virtual fundraiser – stay tuned!
Want even more ways to give to The Children’s Home? Follow us on social media where we will be sharing more simple things you can do to spread some year-end holiday cheer to the children and families in our community.