Purpose of Position:
The Marketing and Development Intern reports to the Chief Development Officer and the Development Manager and is responsible for assisting with all marketing and development activities to help further the mission of The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center. The Children’s Home, established in 1893, is an independent, non-profit licensed organization whose purpose is to promote the health and well-being of infants and children through services which establish and strengthen the family.
Our three programs: Adoption, Child’s Way®, and the Pediatric Specialty Hospital, along with our Lemieux Family Center, work independently and collaboratively to accomplish our mission.
The Marketing and Development Intern must show relevant course experience in marketing, journalism, public health, or fundraising. The intern must also be driven, and work hard to produce quality, heart-felt work.
- Assist with entering notes and editing profiles in RE NXT – the leading non-profit database system.
- Assist with volunteer cultivation and training as needed
- Procure in-kind donations and other tasks for Shake Your Booties fundraising gala including building auction baskets and producing signage.
- Manage the promotion of the Party Crashers Ticket for Shake Your Booties Gala (a lower-cost ticket for the last two hours of the event)
- Assist in the management of in-kind donations for patients at The Children’s Home
- Help with outreach calls for adoption, the pediatric specialty hospital, and Child’s Way
- Gather results of Hospital and Adoption Surveys
- Manage the planning of Grand Rounds and other outreach events at The Children’s Home
- Assist in managing social media posts for Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Assistance with foundation research for grant proposals
- Give tours of the facility to visitors
- Build a story and picture bank of beneficiaries of our three programs for The Children’s Home to use for publications
- Help to produce the quarterly newsletter
- Help to write blog posts for The Children’s Home website
- All other duties as assigned
All interested parties should apply with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org