Today’s the Day! Your Giving Tuesday Donation Will be Matched Up to $10,000!
We are celebrating Giving Tuesday today, December 1! Thanks to a $10,000 matching gift from The Rite Aid Foundation, when you donate to The Children’s Home today, you’ll make an even BIGGER impact on our programs and those we serve.
Giving Tuesday is a global movement with a local impact. This year, we are excited to announce that we have been awarded a Giving Tuesday matching grant through The Rite Aid Foundation’s KidCents program!
This matching grant of $10,000 offers a great opportunity for our community of supporters like you to make an even bigger impact. When you donate today, your gift will be matched by Foundation funds.
Head over to our donation page to give today!
Want to know what your gift supports?
Our community of donors supports our core mission to promote the health and well-being of infants and children through services which establish and strengthen the family. But what does that mean? Supporters like you ensure that we can:
- Provide free care, education, and accommodations for patients and families at the Pediatric Specialty Hospital. Did you know that no one ever leaves our facility with a medical bill? Public support makes that possible!
- Provide scholarships, free care, and innovative educational programming at Child’s Way, our daycare for medically fragile children.
- Provide counseling, support groups, matching services, community outreach, and educational opportunities for families and children through our Adoption program.
More than ever, your support of The Children’s Home is critical this year. The pandemic has had an impact on everyone and everything this year, and our organization is no different. We continue to face a significant loss of revenue on top of new expenses, like PPE, hand sanitizer, and plexiglass, to protect our frontline staff, our immunocompromised patients, and the families that rely on our services every day.
Our community has come together this year, ensuring that we can get through these challenging times without sacrificing the quality care that we have become known for during our 127-year history in Pittsburgh. Donate today to not only help us get through the end of this year, but also start the new year off on a positive note!
Want to do even more to give back to The Children’s Home this season?
Giving Tuesday is just one day, but you can support The Children’s Home all season and all year! Last week, we shared five simple ways to support us during the holidays, and we wanted to follow up on that with a quick how-to for raising funds beyond Giving Tuesday with a simple Facebook post. Check it out below!
- Head to your Facebook page and create a post.
- On the Create Post screen, click the three dots under Add to Your Post.
- Select Raise Money.
- In Select Nonprofit, choose The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh & Lemieux Family Center.
- Write a message, click Post, and start raising funds – it’s really that easy!