There are many types of adoption today and it can be confusing for families just beginning to explore the adoption process. The Children’s Home has 125 years of experience supporting families through their adoptions. We are happy to help you understand all of adoption possibilities that are available today and help you decide what type of adoption is best for your family. Whether you are interested in infant adoption or older child adoption, we can answer typical questions like:
- What are the different types of adoption?
- Which type of adoption is best for us?
- How do I navigate legal matters?
- What is the difference between a facilitator and an agency?
- What is involved in adopting a child from another state?
- What does it mean to have an open adoption?
- About how long does the adoption process take?
- What are the average fees for the different types of adoption?
One of The Children’s Home’s master’s level counselors can meet with you for a one-on-one session that is geared towards answering your individual questions or concerns about adoption. There is a $50 fee for the session. To schedule this Adoption Informational session, contact Erika Schmitt, Director of Adoption and Permanency Services, at 412-441-4884 or eschmitt@chomepgh,org.