Adoption Education for Professionals
The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh offers a variety of information sessions, trainings, consultation and continuing education opportunities related to the field of adoption.
Expert adoption staff members, including Master’s level Social Workers and counselors from The Children’s Home, are available to speak to your group, consult with you or your staff, or train your group on a variety of adoption-related topics including:
- The adoption process today
- Types of adoption
- Understanding legal processes in adoption
- Openness in adoption: definitions and implications, including the new law on open adoption (Act 101)
- Adoption in the hospital setting: ethical considerations and best practices
- Research and reunion: legal aspects, and counseling clients through the process
- Birthparent-related topics: coping with grief & loss, sharing the adoption decision with family and friends, living comfortably with the adoption decision, navigating the relationship with adoptive parents in open adoption
- Adoptive family topics: infertility, raising adoptive children, discussing adoption with family/friends/school personnel and others, navigating the relationship with birthparents in open adoption
Check our calendar of events for upcoming seminars.
Most community education services are free or available for a nominal fee.