Why Contact an Adoption Agency
When considering adoption or choosing an adoptive family, you can work directly with an attorney or privately with an adoption agency, like The Children's Home of Pittsburgh.
The Children’s Home can give you:
- experience and personal support from staff who’ve been involved in hundreds of adoptions
- emotional support before, during and after the adoption, if you want it
- access to our birthparent groups or one-on-one contact with a birthparent, if you prefer
- someone to walk you through the legal process and paperwork, step by step, and tell you what to expect
- support at the hospital, if you want
- help in establishing and/or maintaining your relationship with the adoptive family if you choose to have an open adoption
- assurance that the adoptive family you choose has received education about adoption and openness
- connection to resources that can help you during and after your pregnancy
To get started or to learn more:
1) CALL US at 412-441-4884 or 1-800-961-7704
to speak with a birthparent counselor. You can reach a counselor at these numbers 24 hours a day/7 days per week. During business hours, you will be put directly through to a counselor who can talk to you. During evenings, weekends, and holidays, just follow through the instructions and you will be able to reach the on-call counselor immediately.
2) TEXT US at 412-736-2908
You can reach a counselor by text 24 hours a day/7 days per week.
Erika or Ranisa, our birthparent counselors, will get back to your emails as soon as possible.
4) REQUEST BIRTHPARENT INFORMATION PACKET
Click Here for a Packet