Placing My Baby for Adoption
Pregnant and considering adoption? What do you need to know about adoption? The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh can help answer your adoption questions and you will have many choices in creating an adoption plan. You can get as much or as little help as you want and the services you receive are free to you and are available as long as you need. You can even view our adoptive families right now.
Our adoption services include:
- Support and guidance from professional, experienced adoption counselors.
- Open, semi-open and closed adoptions. You can choose to have ongoing contact with your child if you want to or no contact if you prefer.
- Opportunity to talk with other birthparents
- Medical expenses can be covered.
- Education about the entire adoption process, including the legal process and completion of all necessary paperwork.
- Time to make decisions, including the option to place your baby with a Transitional Care Family temporarily if you choose, while you take time to decide about adoption.
- Optional support during prenatal visits and/or during labor and delivery.
- Counseling and support after the adoption for as long as you need.
- Assistance, if needed, in staying in touch with the adoptive family.
- Information about other resources that may be helpful to you.
If you do not choose to place your baby for adoption, we will support your decision, and we can help you find the resources you need to help you and your baby.
If you do choose adoption, when you are ready, we will help you begin to develop an adoption plan for your baby.
To get started or to learn more:
1) CALL US at 412-441-4884 or 1-800-961-7704
to speak with a birthparent counselor. You can reach a counselor at these numbers 24 hours a day/7 days per week. During business hours, you will be put directly through to a counselor who can talk to you. During evenings, weekends, and holidays, just follow through the instructions and you will be able to reach the on-call counselor immediately.
2) TEXT US at 412-736-2908
You can reach a counselor by text 24 hours a day/7 days per week.
Erika or Ranisa, our birthparent counselors, will get back to your emails as soon as possible.