Cody

Cody, a patient in our Pediatric Specialty Hospital, and his mother, Tara, want to spread awareness about the dangers of common household objects; batteries. After Cody, 5, swallowed a nickel-sized battery from a Fidget Spinner, he was immediately taken to the hospital with a burned esophagus and other injuries. Thankfully, Cody is now on the road to recovery at The Children’s Home and we are so glad to be by his side!

For the full story or to access battery safety resources, click here

For the full story on WPXI, click here

Follow us on Facebook for more stories like this