At The Children’s Home, you can choose to have your family study conducted by qualified staff. We can complete your family study and provide professional assistance whether you are pursuing a private adoption with an attorney or working with an out-of-state agency or facilitator. The adoption process can be isolating and challenging without a local agency to provide support, education and general guidance through the process. By providing a lifetime of support services, The Children’s Home can be available to you in the future as your adopted child grows and develops.
Our experienced adoption staff is able to assist with your adoption by providing the following supportive services:
- Completion of family study document and submission to designated agency, attorney or interstate adoption office
- Consultation about potential birthparent situations
- Counseling regarding working with birthparents
- Open adoption education and support
- Optional group classes about Pennsylvania adoption law and discussing adoption with your child
- Invitations to adoptive family support groups and gatherings with other adoptive families at The Children’s Home of Pittsburgh
What is the fee for a Family Study?
The fee for the above services is $3,000
Annual family study update is $400
Post-placement visits are $400
For more information, or to request The Children’s Home for your family study or post-placement report, contact our Adoption Program at 412-441-4884.
Families need to live within 50 miles of The Children’s Home
A designated attorney or agency is required before beginning the family study
If you would like help in deciding what type of adoption is best for you, please click here to learn more about our Adoption Informational Sessions.